Documents Required for GST Registration
Any taxable person seeking registration under the GST Law implies obtaining a unique number from the concerned tax authorities for the purpose of collecting tax on behalf of the government and to avail Input Tax Credit for the taxes on his inward supplies.
In this article, we help you with list of documents required for GST registration. The following are the documents needed for GST registration and it must be submitted by persons or entities applying for GST registration.
2. Documents Required for GST Registration India
Here are the list of documents needed for GST registration:
- 1. PAN Card of the Business and Applicant : The first thing in GST registration documents list is to get the PAN (Permanent Account Number) of the business and of the authorized signatories/applicant (Directors / Partners / Proprietor)
- 2. Contact details and a valid Email address: A valid mobile number and an email address of the Primary Authorized Signatory is required to be filled at the time of GST registration.
- 3. Proof of Place of business: Principal Place of Business is the primary location within the State where a taxpayer's business is performed or where the business's books of accounts and records are kept.
- 4. As a supporting documents for GST registration, keep following documents handy :
- 5. Valid bank account number from India: You need to mention details of the bank accounts maintained for conducting business. You can enter details of up to 10 Bank Accounts. You will also need to fill the Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) number of the same bank and branch.
- 6. Other required documents for GST registration:
a. Any supporting document giving title to the ownership of the premises such as Latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of Electricity Bill.
b. Copy of the valid Rent / Lease Agreement/Consent letter (as applicable) and
c. For every additional place of business in the state, proof of such additional place of business.
a) List of Goods and Services
b) Proof of appointment of Authorized Signatory (Letter of Authorization or copy of board resolution)
c) Authorized Signatories photo (soft copy)
d) It is important to have digital signature (class 2 digital signature) in case of Companies and LLP’s, of the person who is authorised to sign the GST application
e) Incorporation certificate (for Company)
f) Other regulatory registration details such as Professional Tax, State Excise License details (If applicable)
3. What Should be the Size of Each GST registration Document Uploaded
|Type of Document||Supported Type||File Size|
|Partnership Deed in case of Partnership Firm||JPEG, PDF||1 MB|
|Certificate of Incorporation in case of public limited/ Private limited company/ PSU/ LLP/ Unlimited Company||JPEG, PDF||1 MB|
|Trust deed/ Registration certificate in case of Trust / Society/ Club/AOP||JPEG, PDF||1 MB|
|Certificate of Establishment in case of Foreign company / Foreign limited liability partnership||JPEG, PDF||1 MB|
|Photo / copy of Resolution passed by Board of Directors/ Managing Committee and Acceptance letter / letter of authorization in case of proof of authorised signatory||JPEG, PDF||100 KB|
|First page of bank pass book copy/Bank Statement / a cancelled cheque||JPEG, PDF||100 KB|