Similar to product masters, party masters – customers, suppliers and transporters - too can be seamlessly set-up on the e-way bill portal, by following the steps below:
- 1.Log on to www.ewaybill.nic.in
- 2. Enter the User Name and Password, then the Captcha Code, and then click "Login"
- 3. On successful authentication of the credentials, the main menu of the e-way bill portal will open up. On the left hand side, click the option "Masters"
How to manage masters in e-way bill for Customers
In order to set up masters in e-way bill for clients or customers, one needs to follow the steps below:
- 1.Click on "My Masters" and select the sub-option "Clients"
- 2.On doing so, a screen will be displayed, with the "GST Registered" option selected by default
- 3.In case one goes ahead with the “GST Registered” option, one will need to fill in the "Customer GSTIN" field
- 4.Click "Submit"
- 5.On doing so, the system will show the customer details at the bottom of the box
- 6.Once one has selected the customer, a combo box will appear, where the following details will need to be fed in:
- a. Business Place: If the GSTIN holder has additional places of business, then both main and additional places of businesses will be available in the drop-down menu. One can select the location which is required
- b. Approximate Distance (in KM): For each business place that is selected, one needs to feed in the approximate distance in KMs
- c.In case one needs to select additional places of business, one may click on the “+” button at the bottom of the page, add another “Business Place” and correspondingly feed in "Approximate Distance (in Km)"
- d.Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page
- 7.In case one goes ahead with the “GST Unregistered” option, a screen will be displayed, wherein one needs to feed in the following fields:
- a.State (Select from the drop-down menu)
- e.PIN Code
- f.Mobile Number
- g.Email ID
- h.Approximate Distance (in KM)
- 8.Click "Submit"
- 9.Once one has submitted the client or customer details, the portal will validate the entered values. If there is an error, an appropriate error message will pop-up. If all is well, the portal will save the customer master. One can then repeat the same procedure for all other clients or customers.
How to manage masters in e-way bill for Suppliers
In order to set up masters in e-way bill for suppliers, one may click on "My Masters" on the main menu, and select the sub-option "Suppliers".
As mentioned above, the procedure to configure supplier masters is exactly the same as that for customer masters. One can follow, the above prescribed steps and set-up supplier masters as well.
How to manage masters in e-way bill for Transporters
In order to set up masters in e-way bill for transporters, one needs to follow the steps below:
- 1. Click on “My Masters”, and select the sub-option "Transporters"
- 2. On doing so, a screen will be displayed, wherein one needs to fill in the “Transporters No.”
- 3. Click "Submit"
- 4. On doing so, the system will allow one to select the desired transporter by name
- 5.For each transporter that is configured, one can select the "Business Place" details, which is available in the drop-down menu. In case the transporter has an additional place of business one can add and select the same using the "+" button.
- 6.Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page