On the official e-way bill portal, the main menu displays a number of options pertaining to generating and managing e-way bills. If one looks under the “E-way Bill” tab, one would find options available for generating a new e-way bill, generating a bulk e-way bill, updating the vehicle number etc. Apart from these, there are two more options which are available, namely – e-way bill cancellation and e-way bill printing. Many businesses would be interested to know how to cancel e-way bill in GST, as it is a very practical scenario that could occur.
In order to access these 2 options,
- 1. Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- 2. Enter the User Name and Password, then the Captcha Code, and then click "Login"
- 3. On successful authentication of the credentials, the main menu of the e-way bill portal will open up
- 4. On the left hand side of the main menu of the e-way bill portal, click the option "E-way Bill", and these options will be visible
How to cancel E-way Bill
There might be situations where one may be required to carry out cancellation of e-way bill which has been generated. The reasons could be many – either the consignment of goods are not being transported, or the goods are not being moved as per the plan or the details mentioned in the e-way bill, or one would have made an incorrect entry in the e-way bill, which one may have realized later. In such a circumstance, obviously one may want to delete the e-way bill, or may explore how to modify e-way bill, but the provision for deletion or modification of e-way bills which are already generated is not available in the e-way bill portal.
Instead of deletion, there is an e-way bill cancellation process in place, but one will need to do it within 24 hours of having generated it, i.e. the e-way bill cancellation time is important. Please note, that if the concerned e-way bill has already been verified by any empowered officer, then it cannot be cancelled. One can easily carry out EWB cancellation, by navigating to the main menu, as detailed above, and going through the following steps:
- 1. Before going for the e-way bill cancellation, keep the e-way bill number ready
- 2.Under the "E-way Bill", tab, click the sub-option "Cancel"
- 3. On doing so, a screen will be displayed, which will allow the user to fetch the concerned e-way bill
- 4.Enter the 12 digit e-way bill no., for the e-way bill which needs to be cancelled
- 5.Select "Go"
- 6. Post that, the e-way bill in question, will be displayed, and then one needs to fill in a suitable reason for the cancellation. Once that is done, the e-way bill will be cancelled, and one will not be able to use it further, for the movement of goods; in fact doing so will be deemed illegal
E-way bill Printing
One can easily carry out EWB printing, by navigating to the main menu, as detailed above, and going through the following steps:
- 1. Under the "E-way Bill", tab, click the sub-option "Print EWB"
- 2. On doing so, a screen will be displayed, which will allow the user to fetch the concerned e-way bill for printing
- 3. Enter the 12 digit e-way bill no., for the e-way bill which needs to be printed
- 4. Select "Go"
- 5.Post that, the e-way bill in question, will be displayed, with an option named "Print", right at the bottom. On clicking that, the e-way bill will be printed.